Have you ever wondered what it REALLY takes to decode what other people are thinking about you? Can you imagine what it would be like to feel so much more confident, knowing that you are captivating everyone in the room, or maybe even just the one special person you’re trying to impress?
If so, you will LOVE my conversation with the uniquely charismatic lead investigator at the Science of People, Vanessa Van Edwards. Her book, Captivate: The Science of Succeeding with People, has been translated into 15 different languages, and more than 30 million people watch her on YouTube! She has been featured in CNN, BBC, CBS, Fast Company Entrepreneur. She has worked with everyone from Google, Facebook, Microsoft, to Amazon—you name it.
Join us as we dive into her book, Captivate, to uncover her best secrets for showing up as charismatically as possible everywhere from Zoom calls to your very next (socially distanced, of course) gathering.
In this episode:
- Learn the science of making a killer first impression
- Cultivate stronger communication skills (specifically if you’re an introvert)
- Discover the different flavors of charisma
- Adapt your killer first impression for the virtual world
- Identify the different “personal space zones” of human interaction online
- Optimize how you emphasize your gestures on Zoom calls
- Discover the new interpersonal skills needed for succeeding in a virtual world
- Master the science of cracking a “tough cookie” personality
- Ask better questions for more meaningful exchanges
- Captivate your audience on a whole new level