We’ve all questioned whether or not we are showing up consistently as our truest self, whether in person or behind the screen. Erin Hatzikostas is the CEO of B Authentic inc, a career coach, TEDx speaker, podcast host, and mom of two who, most impressively, is not afraid to do the running man dance in public. She is also the author of the bestselling book, You Do You(ish) and is an absolute dynamo! As someone whose superpower is her radical authenticity, Erin knows just how transformative being deeply genuine is. She shows us how to stand out, foster connection, and live an all-around better life.
But what does it actually mean to be authentic? In this episode, you’ll hear Erin’s expanded definition of authenticity and why she established a framework for it, even though being authentic is not a one-size-fits-all thing. Her mission is to give people the training wheels to help them thrive in all the ways they can. You will also hear about why trying to be “normal” can lead to you feeling small and constricted. It might feel uncomfortable when you take the leap to show up with greater authenticity, but as Erin highlights, you can start small in a way that makes sense for you.
If you are in a season of your life where you feel like you are held back or you want to pursue a new venture then Erin’s authenticity framework can help you look up and see the endless mountaintops you are capable of climbing!
In this episode you’ll:
- Learn about the 50% rule, where you learn from others AND do things your own way.
- Expand your understanding of what it really means to be authentic.
- Discover principles to use when exploring authenticity.
- Get comfortable with the fact that being authentic in different spaces is an ongoing experiment.
- Open yourself up to authenticity because it is always going to help you level up
- Rethink the steps you have been taught to succeed and discover the power of being strategic to stand out.
- Find value in looking up to make sure you are seeing all that is out there for you.
- Gain actionable steps to help you get started on your journey of expanded authenticity.
“Authenticity almost always wins. It almost always wins. And so, you’ve got to do your own experiments.” — @ErinHatzikostas [0:16:56]
“As much success as you have, the crazy thing is, there is almost always a new mountaintop to climb, and a lot of times, they are even higher but they look different and we should always remember to just keep climbing.” — @ErinHatzikostas [0:24:14]
“Authenticity is about exposing who you are when people least expect it.” — @ErinHatzikostas [0:27:06]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: