How Can You Build Confidence and Stop Comparing Yourself in an Online Landscape that Demands Perfection?
Being confident does not come naturally to everyone, but that shouldn’t stop you from taking steps to build confidence and take ownership of your purpose! Our guest today knows all about the challenges of building confidence. Jenny Melrose is an influencer entrepreneur and author of Influencer Entrepreneurs, and despite being an introvert has continuously pushed herself out of her comfort zone to undertake confidence-building challenges like public speaking and putting herself out there on social media. In this episode, we hear about Jenny’s transformation from teacher to influencer-entrepreneur and how she was able to grow her online business to the point where it was earning enough to replace her salary. We discuss the scary and exciting choice to leave her job at the time, and how she was asked to speak around the country and teach other aspiring entrepreneurs how to make a success of their online venture. Jenny shares the biggest mistakes she has seen budding entrepreneurs make and explains how you can develop the skills to overcome self-doubt and utilize all the amazing online tools available to you by tapping into your authenticity and sense of purpose!
In this episode you’ll:
- Find ways to respond creatively to the immense challenges of a global pandemic.
- Discover your positioning, authenticity, confidence, and kindness to excel as an influencer-entrepreneur.
- Learn to build confidence by pushing yourself out of your comfort zone.
- Overcome your self-doubt in the comparative world of online social media.
- Find your tools for building confidence at public speaking and social events.
- Build strategies to strategically utilize online social media features to optimize your business presence.
- Access the power of DMs and powerful personal connections online.
- Take ownership of your purpose and pursue your vision with authenticity!
“It’s like working on muscle, you become more confident and can step into that light more often.” — @JennyMelrose [0:07:24]
“Speaking from personal experience, I was a total introvert. I hated having to get out in public and speak in front of people or play sports, but always just pushed myself to do it.” — @JennyMelrose [0:10:52]
“When I go to a big conference and whether I’m doing the keynote, or if I’m doing a smaller room: I find people that are like wallflowers that I know are also introverts, and that’s how I become comfortable.” — @JennyMelrose [0:12:21]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: