Being yourself sounds like a simple task, but it actually takes a lot of courage to be real, raw, and authentic, especially online where the whole world can see you. However, allowing your uniqueness to differentiate you is the key to building a successful business online. On today’s episode, we are joined by Sue B. Zimmerman, the Instagram expert who, for her 18th business venture, has made it her goal to help small business owners all over the world get the most out of the platform. In today’s episode, Sue briefly shares some of her top tips which will be helpful to anyone looking to expand and grow their business using the very powerful tool that is Instagram. You’ll also hear about the courses and webinars that Sue runs where you can gain access to more of her wisdom, which is something I am definitely going to be doing!
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Why today’s guest, Sue B. Zimmerman, is different from other social media gurus.
- What drove Sue to write an eBook and her feelings towards the book now.
- The importance of uncovering what makes you stand out and how to project that out into the world.
- Sue’s other successful businesses that she ran prior to her current one.
- Ways that you can enhance your credibility online.
- Content buckets that Sue recommends, and advice for keeping your content organized.
- Where you can learn about the three key elements when it comes to using Instagram for business.
- Being real, raw, and authentic online takes courage, but it will pay off.
- How Erin and Sue became connected.
- Fear that people have around showing their imperfections online.
- Advice from Sue about going dark on Instagram.
- Sue shares what success means to her.
“You become a magnet to those who are attracted to, what I believe, the energy that you put out, and how you show up with the knowledge, or your story behind that.” — @SueBZimmerman [0:06:19]
“The tactics and strategies that we teach in a systematic way work if you show up and do the work.” — @SueBZimmerman [0:07:55]
“Perfect just doesn’t fucking exist. Let’s be real.” — @SueBZimmerman [0:13:56]
“You gotta really do the inner work with you yourself, and know the mindset of how you want to be existing in this world as you, and really loving on yourself and all that you stand for.” — @SueBZimmerman [0:15:40]
“The power is in the pause, and you have to pause to grow, and scale, and reflect.” — @SueBZimmerman [0:23:17]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: