Today’s guest, Angela Proffitt, is a productivity consultant, award-winning eight-figure entrepreneur, and CEO of Get Shit Done. In today’s episode, she gives the Highlighters some game-changing insights to maximize productivity and optimize profits, all while pursuing your passion! Tune in to hear how Angela came to have a surname so well-suited to her brand, what she considers to be the biggest mistake that female entrepreneurs make, and how her background in psychology helped her to choose the right people. You’ll be introduced to Angela’s three P’s (people, processes, and productivity) and how she has “potty trained” her brain to be faithful to the processes she has developed. She delves into the life-altering power of calendar blocking before urging listeners to automate the easy things and to treat yourself as a client to ensure you don’t get scattered. Get a sneak peek into the topic of the new book she is working on which involves a fourth P, profitability, and learn the difference between running a lifestyle business and a real, profitable business. Angela shares some tools that support her productivity and great tips on going from solopreneur to having a team. Lastly, Angela outlines why it is a prerequisite to intern before becoming a part of the GSD team and offers an awesome book recommendation that has recently changed her perspective. Tune in today!
In this episode you’ll:
- Discover how Angela came to have a surname so well-suited to her brand.
- Rethink the biggest mistake female entrepreneurs make.
- Learn how Angela’s background in psychology helped her choose the right people.
- Explore Angela’s three P’s: people, processes, and productivity.
- Find out how Angela “potty trained” her brain to stick to the processes she has developed.
- Understand why calendar blocking and time blocking is essential to productivity.
- Recognize the benefits of automating the easy things.
- Learn why you should treat yourself as a client to make sure you don’t get scattered.
- Contemplate the topic of the new book Angela is working on: profitable shift.
- Appreciate the difference between a lifestyle business and a real, profitable business.
- Discover what a GSD survey revealed about productivity and what people struggle with most.
- Learn how to leverage these tools to support productivity: a glass whiteboard, G Suite, and Dropbox.
- Hear tips for moving from solopreneur to having a team.
- Find out why it is a prerequisite to intern before becoming a part of the GSD team.
- Take note of this useful book recommendation: What Your Customer Wants But Can’t Tell You by Melina Palmer.
“The biggest mistake was saying yes to everything, and not putting my foot down from a customer service perspective.” — @AngelaProffitt_ [0:05:30]
“I don’t care so much about what someone’s resume says. I care about how their brain is wired and what makes them happy and what brings them joy – hiring people off of their strengths rather than [focusing] on your weaknesses.” — @AngelaProffitt_ [0:11:39]
“How is your productivity as a leader? If your productivity is not on point, it’s going to trickle down to your team members and, potentially, your clients if you don’t have a solid process internally and externally.” — @AngelaProffitt_ [0:14:25]
“Automate the easy things. Automation does not have to be hard.” — @AngelaProffitt_ [0:15:26]“When you’re good at something and you love doing it, people are going to come at you and ask for your help, which is great, but there are times where I can’t help because I will lose money.” — @AngelaProffitt_ [0:16:53]“You’ve got to figure out what’s important to you and what you love doing. Obviously, that’s the foundation, but if you actually do want to run a business, you have to track those things and do the things that aren’t fun.” — @AngelaProffitt_ [0:18:08]“I had the mindset of ‘nobody will ever do it as good as I do’ – but guess what? There are people out there who are better at doing some of the things than you are.” — @AngelaProffitt_ [0:31:30]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: