In a culture that glorifies burnout, success, and masculine energy at all costs, it can be difficult to follow your heart, prioritize self-care, and embrace your divine feminine. Through their coaching company and podcast Luscious Hustle, Betsy Milne and Laura Milne (who met on Instagram and are not related!) are helping their clients and followers to consciously combine their masculine and feminine energy traits in order to create truly fulfilling lives. Action takes place in the masculine, but Laura and Betsy’s approach is to lead with the feminine edge, and after listening to this episode you’ll understand why this is so revolutionary. Betsy and Laura are not afraid of being vulnerable, and in this episode, you’ll hear them candidly share the personal traumas they have struggled with and the healing journeys that they have committed to. Working at the intersection of spirituality and business, this dynamic duo has redefined concepts like healing, hustle, and success, and the world has so much to learn from them!
In this episode you’ll:
- Hear about the health issues that Betsy has struggled with her whole life and how this has influenced the Luscious Hustle business model.
- Gain a deeper understanding of how the pandemic has impacted people’s mindsets.
- Learn why the way self-care is currently framed is problematic.
- Listen to Laura’s explanation of the biggest struggle she experiences because of the life she has chosen.
- Discover the differences between Laura and Betsy’s completely different Human Design energy types.
- Understand the importance of differentiating between “have to’s” and “should’s.”
- Hear why feminine energy is disadvantaged by the way the world is currently structured.
- Learn about toxic masculinity versus divine masculinity and wounded femininity versus divine femininity.
- Appreciate how Laura and Betsy combine masculine and feminine energies in their coaching.
- Uncover where the name Luscious Hustle originated and what it means to be a luscious woman.
- Recognize a new way of thinking about healing.
“Building a business has been that key to healing a lot of the wounds that were created by doctors, not having support, not having anybody understand.” — @betsy_milne [0:06:54]
“Self-care is a thing and people talk about it, but it’s something that gets added to the responsibilities that are already on your plate. It’s not really about taking things off your plate.” — Laura Milne [0:10:51]
“I thought my life was going to look one way. It is so much better the way that it is, but there’s still a disconnect because I have to keep explaining it to people, and that makes it hard to just fully be the way that I want to be.” — Betsy Milne [0:12:51]
“What is lighting you up? What is inspiring you? Get really clear on that.” — Laura Milne [0:16:43]
“You do need the masculine to get stuff done, all action takes place in the masculine, but all healing takes place in the feminine. So, when we lead from the feminine in business, we are leading not only because we’re healing ourselves, but we’re healing others because we’re leading with that energy, but we’re also able to take care without it dropping us down.” — Betsy Milne [0:25:59]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: